Outdoor Summer Wedding Tips
Whether or not the weather will impact your wedding, it is a good idea to be prepared for anything. That means keeping track of all the details to ensure the best day of your life is picture perfect!
1. Beat the heat
In the middle of the summer, it is quite possible the sun is out and beaming, which may seem wonderful, however, if your guests are uncomfortable in the sun that’s not so wonderful.
- Offer fans or parasols to give your guests a breeze when needed and to block out the sun.
- Hand out sunglasses to allow guests to enjoy the ceremony--squint free.
- Provide refreshments to quench guest’s summer day thirsts.
- Consider seat covers if it is a hot day to avoid guests burning their bums.
2. Look and feel summer fab
Obviously the main attraction is you. That is why it is important to take care of yourself before the big day so that you are not caught in a sticky—or should we say—sweaty situation.
- Don’t forget deodorant and it would not hurt to pack an extra travel-sized deodorant to apply before and after the ceremony.
- Wear your hair light in an up-do or down and loose. This way it won’t get in the way, will allow you to stay cooled off, and you won’t end up with a frizzy do.
- Rethink bright colors for you and for the bridal party. Flashy colors--along with flowers--can attract insects that would be bothersome.
3. Be fresh food ready
Lastly, you want to be sure that your food is equipped for weather conditions and you won’t end up with a melted mess on your hands.
- Fondant cake is a good idea. Some frostings melt but fondant cake will stay intact for a long time.
- Refrigerated food is not a good idea. Enough said.
- Remember ice and then, remember more ice. This could be the difference between keeping your food fresh and wasting money on food that could have been kept fresh if you had more ice.